Qbrick is leading the way in the online video revolution, being the only Nordic supplier offering an end-to-end platform for content ingest transcoding, origin, CDN delivery, content management, monetization, multi-device player and analytics.
Founded in 1999 we have been part of forming the industry. With our Nordic focus we ensure local understanding and support for hundreds of customers based in the region.
In mid-2016, we joined the IP-Only family, which further strengthens our offering to Nordic based companies and organizations. If you think that streaming is the future and you want to push your operations skills to the edge, then we can offer you the opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of system specialists as well as excellent developers, architects and support specialists.
About the role!
As a developer in the CDN & Origin team you will work with the design and implementation of services to meet customers’ needs for transformation and distribution of video at scale, to viewers on pretty much any platform you can think of.
You will work in an agile environment closely collaborating with backlog stakeholders, other development teams, operations and customer support. Services are composed using a careful mix of in-house and 3rd party components while meeting requirements of high availability, scalability and efficiency. An aptitude for learning and sharing is a must as we together tackle a broad problem domain with a diverse set of tools.
We value freedom with responsibility and we promote a proactive culture, where engineers are encouraged to learn and contribute.
Who are you?
We think you have a post-secondary education in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent and a few years of work experience as a software developer. You thrive in an agile environment where you are involved and solve technical challenges and are also able to influence the development of new products. As a person you have passion for what you do. You are knowledgeable in your field and like to find innovative solutions. You thrive in a role where you will be able to grow and develop and you appreciate having a team to brainstorm ideas with.
To play with us we see that you have:
- A minimum of 3 year's professional experience with Java SE
- Experience designing distributed systems
- Experience with native development in C or C++
- Experience with an interpreted scripting language such as Python or shell script
- Experience configuring and operating GNU/Linux systems
- Good knowledge about TCP/IP and common application protocols, HTTP in particular
- The ability to reason about modern software design principles
Fluency in English is necessary, good understanding of Swedish beneficial but not a pre-requisite.
It's also a bonus if you have worked with:
- Hadoop ecosystem(HDFS, Yarn, MapReduce, Hive, Flume, Kafka, Spark)
- Relational and/or NoSQL databases
- RESTful web service api's
- Streaming protocols(hls,dash,hds,hss,rtmp,rtsp/rtp,mpeg-ts)
- Video/audio codecs and containers
- Continuous Integration
- SOA architecture
- Load testing and profiling/tuning
- RabbitMQ or other messaging middleware
- Ansible/Puppet/Chef or other provisioning tools
To enjoy life at Qbrick you need to master the mix of working within a team and also being a self-starter when needed. We’re a fast growing company with an entrepreneurial culture which means you need to be pragmatic and creative.
Are you ready to take on a great challenge?